Saturday, February 23, 2019

Peter Tork (1942-2019)

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter Tork in the early 1990s at Vision Cable Channel 10, a local cable television station where I had been working.

Tork was the latest in a long line of vintage celebrity guests on The Rik Turner Show, the poor man's David Letterman show that was produced there.

I was working master control for the station (I had nothing to do with the show at the time), and Tork came in asking for a bandage for his nicked finger. (I had actually met him earlier in the evening and gotten his autograph on a Monkees LP.)

I don't remember whether I was able to give him a bandage or had to refer him somewhere else – the more I think about it, it was most likely the latter – but, ah, what a memory!

--Raj Manoharan

No comments:

Post a Comment